Delighted to be invited to keynote at the third European Lean Educators Conference being held at Buckingham University this September
more details on this conference below :
European Lean Educator Conference 2016 (ELEC 2016)
12 September 2016 – 15 September 2016
Welcome to the 3rd European Lean Educators Conference!
Whilst the Lean Educator conference has been held in the USA for many years (more recently in association with the Institute of Industrial Engineers IIE and Lean Enterprise Institute), the first European Lean Educator Conference took place in Stuttgart in September 2014, and the second was held in Sweden in September 2015. Both were exceptional, allowing delegates to hear highly relevant keynotes, present papers, and generally to network and share experiences in teaching, educating, communicating and learning Lean, and in related fields such as Agile software, Lean Six Sigma and Factory Physics.
The European Lean Educator Conference is dedicated to fostering exchange within academia as well as between education and industry, which we believe is especially important. Toward that end, we are targeting both educators, Lean teaching and coaching specialists from industry.
The theme of the conference is ‘Lean education outside of manufacturing’. This could include topics as diverse as Lean Product Design, Product and Software Innovation, Agile and Scrum, Lean Accounting, Lean in the Office, Lean Service, Systems thinking, Continuous improvement, as well as applications from healthcare, supply chain, Lean in education, Quality and ‘Kata’.
Through innovative educational approaches – ranging from simulations, case studies, learning factories and new training methods – participants will receive new ideas for teaching, practising and coaching continuous improvement.
Full booking information will be available soon. Until then, if you would like to register your interest, please scroll down and complete the form.If you would like to give a paper at the Conference, please read our Call for Papers (deadline 31 March 2016).
12 September (optional at extra cost): 09:00-16:00
- Improvement Kata & Coaching Kata – Anna Possio
Conference Day 1
13 September: 09:00-17:30 (registration 08:30)
Keynote addresses from:
- Sir Anthony Seldon – Innovation in Education
- Prof John Seddon – Systems Thinking and Re-thinking Lean
- Prof Pauline Found – Kata for the Environment
- Prof Christoph Roser – The Origins of Lean and Lessons for Today
- Prof Darrell Mann – Counter-Intuitives: Lean, Innovation & Complex Adaptive Systems
- Belinda Waldock – Agile for Lean People
- Teresa Hattingh – Teaching Lean to Undergraduate Engineers
18:00: Conference Buffet / BBQ (included in Conference Day 1 & 2 Ticket price)
Conference Day 2
14 September: 09:00-17:30 (registration 08:30)
- 3 streams of papers presented by leading Lean educators
15 September (optional at extra cost): 09:00-14:30 (08:30: registration)
- Change Management and Lean Simulation – Joakim Hillberg
- Vanguard Methodology – Professor John Seddon
- Bottleneck Identification by Inspection – Professor Christoph Roser
- TRIZ – Professor Darrell Mann
- Agile Thinking – Belinda Waldock